Scottsdale Plaza Resort & Villas Case Study
Situated on 40 acres in Arizona’s Paradise Valley, Scottsdale Plaza Resort & Villas is an upscale destination offering a wide range of amenities for leisure and business travelers alike. Guests staying at the resort can look forward to attractions that include five heated swimming pools, two tennis courts, scenic hiking trails and a full-service salon and spa. For those staying for an event or conference, the resort also boasts a total of 50,000 square feet dedicated to hosting events of any kind.
Click below to download
Seeking to take full advantage of the return of physically held events and enhance its reputation as a successful event host, Scottsdale Plaza leadership recognized the crucial importance that high quality Wi-Fi access plays in influencing attendee satisfaction. Whether for a business conference where attendees require internet access to perform tasks or a wedding ceremony where invitees wish to share photos with family and friends, the property determined that it required a network overall in order to meet modern online needs and expectations.
Following recommendations from sister Highgate Hotel properties which had previously experienced the results provided by HIS, Scottsdale Plaza partnered with the technology provider to revamp its conference area network abilities and ensure consistently high service standards. With HIS technology and expertise, including the strategic placement of advanced Ruckus access points, the property is now able to ensure a fast, strong and consistent Wi-Fi signal regardless of the number of attendees or where on conference area floor they may be located.
By partnering with HIS, Scottsdale Plaza was notably also able to benefit from the provider’s innovative Conference Planner tool. An end-to-end solution for managing an event’s network needs, the HIS Conference Planner includes a range of valuable features that make overseeing performance and scaling to specific connectivity requirements both easy and hassle-free. With a single dashboard, Conference Planner capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Effortless creation of individual conference profiles for storing and tracking information such as event login credentials, and bandwidth resource levels.
- Instant and easy configuration of VLANS, subnets, DHCP pools and layer 3 ACLs
- Access to intuitive reports and graphs detailing bandwidth usage, the number of users and devices, as well as analytics on any transactions made.
- Abilities to review upcoming conference and meeting schedules using monthly, weekly or daily calendars.Multiple login page customization options that can include uploading a conference’s logo, homepage link and agenda.
- Options to create recurring conferences with the click of a button.
- Deploy an advanced network that can guarantee fast speeds and reliability for conferences and events regardless of the number of attendees seeking to connect personal devices..
- Implement a solution allowing the resort to effortlessly plan, monitor and adjust connectivity configurations for each hosted event.
- Leverage HIS expertise and technology, including the strategic deployment of Ruckus access points to ensure consistent high-performance connectivity for all conference space areas.
- Implement the HIS Conference Planner to provide event organizers with a single, user-friendly dashboard for overseeing and managing all Wi-Fi performance-related tasks.